Cost and Financial Aid
Full-Time BA Tuition $2,600 Block Discount Rate
( > 10 Credits) **$260 per credit will be charged after 16.33 credits
Part-Time BA Tuition $260 Per Credit Hour
( < 10 Credits)
MA/M Div. Tuition $221 Per Credit Hour
Textbooks $225 Average Estimate Per Term
Mardi Gras Outreach $720
Additional Fees approx. $268 Per Term
**Unless otherwise stated, all costs are per trimester. The Mardi Gras Outreach is a required course that students attend twice during their course of study with SUM.
Financial Aid Process
"...God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work..." 2 Corinthians 9:8
At SUM, we understand that finances can be very difficult and that the financial aid process can be intimidating. This is why SUM is committed to providing students with information available on financial aid resources. These resources will enable you to fulfill your educational and professional goals. Our vision is to provide our students with the best education at the lowest possible cost. Students are asked to apply for Pell Grant or loan assistance with FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Here are the steps to take to complete your financial aid.
1. Federal Student Aid Identifiation (FSA ID): Students will no longer be able to use the Federal Student Aid PIN to access the FASFA and government websites. You will instead be required to create an FSA ID. Go to https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm to create an FSA ID.
2. Documents Needed: You will need the following documents to apply for financial aid -
- Social Security Number
- Your Drivers License (if any)
- Your previous W-2 Forms and other records of money earned
- Your (and spouse if married) Federal Income Tax Return (if you filed)
- Your Parents previous Federal Income Tax Return (if you're a dependent student)
- Untaxed Income Records (e.g. veterans noneducation benefit records, child support, worker's compensation)
- Current Bank Statement
- Investment Records (for business, mortgage, stock, etc.)
- Alien registration or permanent resident card (if not a U.S. citizen)
3. Complete FAFSA: Apply as soon as possible to meet school and state aid deadlines (see note at bottom of page). Log onto www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Official SUM Federal School Code: 037524
4. Student Aid Report (SAR): This is the Report that summarizes the information included in the FAFSA. It will also indicate your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). This is the result of your FAFSA application so Review it and make any changes or corrections then Resubmit your SAR for Reprocessing.
If you are selected for verification, the financial aid office may ask you to submit tax returns and other documents, as needed. Be sure to meet the school's deadline or you will not be able to get federal student aid. Whether you're selected for verification or not, make sure the financial aid office at the school has all the information needed to determine your eligibility.
If you have questions or need assistance you may contact, Pastor Kristin Cook, SUM West Monroe Campus Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. A student's personal private information, such as grades, class schedules, the student’s account, financial aid awards or disciplinary action may not be released without express consent from the student (even if you are the student's parent). A FERPA Release Form must be on file with SUM prior to SUM being able to discuss student records.
Remember that God is able and if He is calling you He WILL provide for you.
CLICK HERE for more Financial Aid Information.